Requirements to become an IoPP Certified Packaging Professional (CPP):
If you qualify with six years of packaging experience, gain industry recognition by becoming a Certified Packaging Professional (CPP). If you do not have six years of experience, contact the National IOPP Headquarters (www.iopp.org) to discuss Certification in Training (CIT).
Register and complete any two of the following requirements:
- Pass an online open book, multiple choice test based on IoPP's Fundamentals of Packaging Technology text.
- Answer three narrative type questions from a list of ten.
- Write a new paper or submit an unpublished paper written on a packaging technical or managerial topic of your choice.
- Document six continuous years of active professional experience in packaging on a resume of Activities form.
- Submit proof of a sole-investor patent granted no more than five years prior to certification.
Successful candidates earn the "Certified Packaging Professional" or "CPP" designation to use with their names.